Friday, June 28, 2019

6/28/2019

It's been three years since I have posted anything on here, way too long and oh so many adventures.  There is no need to talk about all that has happened, other than an update on the most recent post before this one.  I did finish the Grand Slam and it was awesome! 

So far this year, I have completed Badger Mountain 50 miler, went to Wales to run the Dragon's Back 5 day stage race and completed San Diego 100 for the second time.  I have some fun and exciting adventures planned in the next few months with one 100 miler each month. 

I will head to Colorado next week to acclimate for Ouray 100....
102.1 Miles, 41,862 ft gain, 83,724 ft change, 13,365 high, 7,640 low, 10,239 avg

Yes, it will be a challenge.  That's why I am going to Colorado early to acclimate and get in some more hill training.  I have been focusing on strength training and hill running in the weeks since SD 100.

 August 13-14,  I am running another new race for me Kodiak 100 in California.  A lot of the race is at high altitude so I am hopeful that my acclimation in Colorado will still be evident. I'm really looking forward to seeing all the new scenery.

September 14-15, I will again run IMTUF one of my favorites.  This year it is in the counter-clockwise direction and I am very excited to complete that for the first time in this direction.  

My asthma has been pretty bad so properly managing that is on the top of my mind in addition to climbing fitness.  I will try to update my blog as the races progress, with pics and stories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment